Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Bad Blogger

I'm a bad blogger. I will own that.
The past two months of my life have been... insane. That is the only way that I could actually describe them. There have been so many chances in my house and the shift isn't something I've been dealing with well in terms of time management. Or maybe it is just the fact that I take way too much on and set unrealistic deadlines for myself.

For example: my books.
Yeah. I am going there.
I told myself I would write the final book of The Job serial when I was on my cruise in February, which was also a book signing event. Do you know how many times I actually opened my laptop when I was on that ship? Once. And when I realized the prices they charge for wifi I turned it off, packed it back up and called it a day.

Never mind. I lied. I opened it twice, because I wanted to get neat pictures with my laptop on the beach at Atlantis in the Bahamas.
Exactly... You would have done the same thing.

The cruise was awesome, and I can say I am officially booked to go back next year. I reserved a balcony room to travel with two of my best girl friends in the world. And as long as they keep inviting me back, I will keep going annually. I didn't think a cruise would be that fun, but I guess when you go with some of your best friends... it kind of turns into a party. I can say it was much needed after everything I've been through recently.

Fast forward to last weekend when I magically ended up in the Emergency Room on Easter Sunday. Doesn't that sound like an awesome time? It was exactly how I wanted to spend my night. Some of you may or may not know (because many of you actually read along with my past pregnancies with all of my kids) but I get kidney stones. They started when I was a senior in high school, and never stopped. The last one I had was in 2011 when I was pregnant with Addison. Back then I was lucky enough to pass it.

This time, not so lucky.
I am the kind of person who puts off going to the doctor. So, for the past... month-ish I haven't felt so hot. I know the pains, they start in my lower back, and eventually wrap around. I put it off thinking the stone that was brewing would either pass, or go away. I was wrong.

Not only would this stone not pass, I let it go way too long. To the point where my right kidney was shutting down by the time I made it to the hospital. It was scary as hell, and resulted in surgery and three additional days of being stuck in the hospital on IV fluids and antibiotics.
Wednesday I am going in to have the stone blown up and removed.

I am a fucking fool for waiting so long, and I know this time around I genuinely learned my lesson. It was scary to have the urologist talk about some scary shit. I have kids, and they need me healthy to be there to take care of them. I have no excuses.

Now my parents and nephew are here for the week, and I am going to enjoy their company while I recover, and try to get back to work.

Even feeling crappy, I was able to go to Tampa yesterday and sign. I shouldn't have, and I totally over did it for the day. BUT!  It was awesome to hang out with readers again, and I feel SO re-charged to get back to everything I've been working on.


I promise, I am going to be better at blogging. There is so much going on with me and the kids I plan on documenting. I just need to get my shit together long enough to continually remind myself to post. I'm trying! I swear.

Now, off to the pool before I have to bring Benjamin to register for football. Yes, the time has come for popwarner football.

Oh, and Ben also was his classroom's bobcat of the month!
Talk about a TOTAL proud Momma moment!





Anyways... the rest... is a big too be continued! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik