Friday, April 24, 2015

There is No Balance

I have a serious problem.
I don't admit defeat often by any means, but recently with a lot of life changes I've decided to use my blog as a way to help me, not just ramble on about parenting crap.

So, my problem...

Time management.

I am horrible at it. Complete shit. I'm so damn lazy, and it has only been getting worse in the past six months. I really need someone to kick my ass back into shape because I am dropping the ball and fucking up deadlines left and right. My newest book is due out on May 18th. Had to push that back. Thankfully only by a week, but I have fucked myself on my timeline for writing.

Oh, that kidney stone fucked me pretty good too but I am done bitching about him for the time being.

I get on the computer with every intent of working, writing, or whatever is on my agenda for the day... and I end up shopping. Like, five minutes ago I was looking at Biggie Small's t-shirts instead of writing this blog post. I am the epitome of that damn dog in Up.





What was I saying?
Exactly...
See how it goes?

Why am I calling myself out?
In hopes that I will be able to work on this problem. I am thinking of writing myself a schedule, or actually using the fancy Erin Condren planner I spent $75 on last year. By the way, I recommend it completely. Especially with children who all have different schedules. It makes my life way easier most days. If I could only use it for myself too I would be golden.

I'm at a loss.
Maybe I need a new work space?
Maybe I need to de-clutter my life. Because if you could see what my desk looks like... you'd probably have a panic attack. No, seriously. I think that is part of my problem. I'm overwhelmed in a sea of shit that needs to get done.

HELP ME!
I am sending out an SOS.
How do you manage your time? Especially if you work from home.
And when I say work from home, I mean literally WORK from home. A real job. With real deadlines and real expectations that your family depends on to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik